This website is for gaming fans, on any consoles and any games. Ask for walkthroughs, cheats, news and much more.

HomePortalCalendarFAQSearchRegisterLog in

Share | 

Yakuza Review

Go down 
AuthorMessage
innisjohnston
Website Staff
Website Staff

PostSubject: Yakuza Review   Tue Sep 28, 2010 3:59 pm

Yakuza is a PS2 game made in 2005 and was released in America and Europe in 2006. I found out about this game by watching NoobToob. Tobin was crazy about it and he encouraged me to buy it. And I don't regret buying it at all. Sorry if I get anything wrong with this. Yakuza's story is quite complex.

Yakuza is about a Chairman in the Tojo Clan called Kazuma Kiryu. He and his friend (who's name that I have forgotten) go to steal some money from a loan-shark. They pretty much kick the crap into the loan-shark company until they give them the money they came for.

After Kazuma's friend goes in a rage and ends up shooting the Oyabun (leader of the Clan) with you and Yumi witnessing it. For some reason out of the kindness of Kazuma's heart he ends up taking the blame for Oyabun's death. Kazuma gets sentenced to 10 years in prison.

When Kazuma gets out he first goes to the usual bar he goes to with another of his friends (that I've forgotten again, sorry, they're all Japanese names) He finds out that all of the Yakuza (gang members) in Tokyo want him dead. He also has heard about that 10 billion yen (I think thats about 73 million pounds and probably 150 million dollars) has disappeared from the Tojo Clan. Yumi has also gone missing and you find a little girl called Haruka which is Yumi's niece.

Throughout the game you are sometimes with Haruka and a ex-detective, Date, that got demoted because of your arrest. He was certain that Kazuma was covering for someone and he got obsessed with it and got demoted and I even think he got divorced. You wander around the streets either doing side-quest or story or even something else meeting strange people and idiots that want to fight you.

The game is fun as hell and I really reccomend it. I finished it not too long ago and now I have Yakuza 2 which I hope to do a review on when I finish it.

Sorry that I've not really said much about gameplay. To be honest, there really isn't too much apart from running around the city, fighting or going to a Hostess Bar (which is quite boring). In my opinion they could have made this a movie and it would have been just as good.

Last edited by innisjohnston on Thu Sep 30, 2010 2:51 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Added Detail)
Back to top Go down
Pancake
Web Master
Web Master

PostSubject: Thanks for the review   Thu Sep 30, 2010 10:52 am

Thanks for the review, Innis. 3 more posts and a possible rank up Smile

>>--Pancake
Back to top Go down
http://meretgm.4rumer.com

Yakuza Review
Page 1 of 1